Good afternoon! A day early and a book review short. I meant to review THE PENNY TREE, Holly Kennedy's newest release. Between a busy week and a poor little Barfing Baby, I couldn't get to the store to get it. Sorry. Instead, I've decided to list my Keeper Books, some of which were featured on past months on my personal blog, Star Captains' Daughter. These are the books I'd cram in a suitcase before other essentials of life if I was allowed only one suitcase to move to an alien planet forever with no future access to new books.
RUMBLE ON THE BAYOU by Jana Deleon
- This was her debut novel. Her second, UNLUCKY, comes out in November, I think. Highly Sensual.
ONE GOOD KNIGHT by Mercedes Lackey
- I have the next in the series, FORTUNE'S FOOL, on order. Sweet.
SWEET SENSATION by Gwyneth Bolton
GAMES OF COMMAND by Linnea Sinclair
STAR KING & STAR PRINCE by Susan Grant
- I can never decide between the two! Sensual.
ACORNA The Unicorn Girl by Ann McGraffey & Elizabeth Bell
BULLETPROOF SOUL by Michelle Buckley
- Highly Sensual.
Fiction from My Childhood:
- Yes, I've been baby-crazy since I was born!
CHRONOCLES OF NARNIA by C.S. Lewis, especially THE HORSE AND HIS BOY and VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER
ANNE OF GREEN GABLES by Lucy Maud Montgomery
The Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder, especially ON THE BANKS OF PLUM CREEK
SECRETS OF THE BABY WHISPERER by Tracy Hogg
401 WAYS TO GET YOUR KIDS TO WORK AT HOME
- For some reason, my children don't like this one as much as I do.
TOILET TRAINING IN LESS THAN A DAY
- Yes, it works!
SOS! HELP FOR PARENTS
- A thorough guide on the Time-Out method of discipline.
THE WELL-TRAINED MIND by Jessie Wise & Susan Wise Bauer
- Our favorite book on home education.
*What are your Keeper Books and why?