Thursday, December 13, 2007

THE FINAL THREE!

I know you're all just dying to know the Enduring Romance Book of the Year 2007.
;)
I posted my Top Ten on December 4th. Scroll down to read about them. I loved all of them, but for different reasons. This is what makes choosing just one so hard.
.
And so, without further a-do (drum roll please) here are the Final Three in no particular order:
.
GAMES OF COMMAND by Linnea Sinclair. Linnea was competing with herself for Book of the Year because DOWN HOME ZOMBIE BLUES was just as awesome as GAMES. However, in the end I went with GAMES simply because I'm a Space Opera kind of girl.

NEFERTITI by Michelle Moran. Oh, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking I picked this Ancient Egyptian tale just because of my fascination with Yul Brynner.
Well...let's just say it didn't hurt.
MASTER OF VERONA by David Blixt. What can I say? Reading this novel is like sitting front row in a theater watching a Shakespeare play performed live the way it was meant to be.
I'll be re-reading these novels between now and December 31st when I will announce the Book of the Year.
.
I won't be reviewing anymore books this year, unless something phenomenal comes in. I'll probably babble about something here on Thursdays though. Now, pop over to Amazon.com and finish your holiday shopping!

2 comments:

Marg said...

I really liked Nefertiti, and I really want to read David Blixt's book!

Kimber Li said...

Oh, hi ya, Marg. Thanks for popping in. I'm working on re-reading MASTER OF VERONA right now.
;)