Saturday, June 12, 2010

Harry Potter and My Reviewing Status

Good morning, Blog Buddies!  Between summertime activities and Tendonitis, I'm behind on my reviewing.  And I couldn't find anything I liked, except HARRY POTTER, and Whatshername Rowling doesn't need my help.  The good news is I just received an ARC which looks really cool. 
.
So, I read HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX.  Sorry, but I liked the movie better.  It's just I'm not the kind of girl who goes for the reeeeally long Fantasy novels, 'kay?  I mean, obviously, J.K. Rowling's a genius and I put her right up there with C.S. Lewis.  It's just that anything over 100,000 words and my eyes glaze over.  My daughter devoured it in a couple of hours, on the other hand, and can tell you exactly where all the kissing scenes and typoes are.  I found the British version, which you seen in the image above, for her at a secondhand store and she was thrilled out of her mind. 
.
I'll get the new review up by next weekend.  Thanks for your patience.
.
P.S. For those of you who also struggle with Tendonitis, check out Magnesium suppliments.  I do eat magnesium-rich food, like whole wheat bread and green leafy vegetables, but I'm still breastfeeding my baby.  This means she still gets the first and best of everything I eat, which leaves me deficient in Magnesium, which contributes to my struggle with Tendonitis.  But, she's worth it!

No comments: