Saturday, September 5, 2009

Meet the Enduring Romance Reviewers!

Good morning, Blog Buds!
To kick off the new season of Enduring Romance, I thought I'd re-introduce you to your reviewers here. Fellow reviewers, if you're not listed here and you still want to review for us, please let me now. I did email everyone, so maybe your message got sucked down a black hole in Cyberspace.
.
First up - ME! I started Enduring Romance a while back, two years ago, I think, after my book reviewing overwhelmed my personal blog, Star Captains' Daughter. http://starcaptainsdaughter.blogspot.com/ After a while, book reviewing overwhelmed me here too and I began to recruit other reviewers to help out. Real Life can be overwhelming to anyone and we don't get paid here. We all have very full real lives, so some of us have had to give up reviewing at Enduring Romance and we totally understand this. Please, be very nice to my fellow reviewers and understand our opinions our subjective. If you have a problem, email me. I'm the moderator here. I had a baby this summer, so I'm just getting back into my groove. I've had to fold my Young Adult Science Fiction blog into this one in order to keep reviewing for my younger friends. On the second Thursday of each month, I'll post a review of a novel of interest to teens, whether it's officially labeled as that or not. These novels will be Science Fiction flavored as much as possible. Popular, bestselling, and otherwise trendy YA will be avoided. Totally respect Stephanie Meyers, but I figure she gets enough publicity. I'll review growed-up novels on the fourth Tuesdays of each month. I already have a healthy stack of ARCs with a well-balanced variety of genres and subgenres. If you have a book for me to review, please understand I probably won't get to it until after Christmas, unless you're one of my favorite authors in which case you'll probably jump the line altogether. I'm happy to review Print or eBooks.
.
My Showcase Sunday (author and book news) will be the Third Sundays of each month. The other reviewers can post theirs that day or whenever they like. Please remember to scroll down on Showcase Sundays, as there's likely to be multiple posts.
.
Next up, ROBIN. Also known as Mystery Robin, she's expanding her stack now. An aspiring author, she's tackled Mysteries and Suspense novels for us here in the past. I think she still likes them, but she also wants to do more literary fiction. She'll be posting her review on Third Thursdays. Pop on over to her blog to get to know her a little better. Please understand she's also a very busy mom! She prefers Print ARCs. http://mysteryrobin.blogspot.com/
.
Mfitz is our Science Fiction girl. Oh, sure, I review SF too, but just here and there. She's much more focused and knows a lot more and a lot deeper than I do. She's going to post her reviews on the Fourth Thursdays of each month. Pop on over to her blog to get acquinted. http://maryfitz.typepad.com/my_weblog/ She prefers Print ARCs and will take non-traditional Fantasy too, but no bestseller knock-offs please.
.
"K" has the same first name as me, 'Kimber,' so she goes by 'K' here to avoid confusion. Already a published author, she writes Romance in a business setting.
She loves to read Historical Romances and Regencies. She PREFERS eBooks! She'll be reviewing on First Thursdays. Pop on over to her blog to learn more. http://businessromance.com/
.
Please contact each reviewer individually to send ARCs. Fellow reviewers, if you want to add or correct something please don't hesitate!
.
Lil Bean's only getting me up once a night now and Enduring Romance is back on a regular schedule. Ahh, now all I need is come dark chocolate.

No comments: