Sunday, November 29, 2009

Kimber An's Unsolicited ARC Policy



Since I read the wonderfully awesome Urban Fantasy, AMAZON INK by Lori Devoti, I've received Urban Fantasy ARCs unsolicited.  This is fine, but considering how tight everyone's finances are I thought I should remind everyone that *unsolicited ARCs go to the bottom of my ARC stack.*  This means they won't get reviewed possibly for a loooong time, possibly ever.  So, save your money and email me first!
.
***There is ONE EXCEPTION!***  If you've already established yourself as a favorite author of mine, you can send your new books straight to me, no questions asked.  Just send it.  You'll know you're a favorite author if you have your own tag in the directory.  Scroll down the left side and you'll see Karen Templeton, Lisa Shearin, and so on.  These authors get their own categories and can send me ARCs which will go straight into the regular stack and may jump the line altogether.***
.
Although I loved AMAZON INK, the fact is I have very specific tastes when it comes to Urban Fantasy.  I'm sick to death of Kick-Butt Heroiones, for example.  There are more kinds of power than just one.  What set AMAZON INK apart was that the Kick-Butt Heroine was a Mommy and an Amazon (rather than a witch or some other thing common for this subgenre.)  It was very easy for me to suspend my disbelief for the world-building too.
.
This policy goes for all Unsolicited ARCs, regardless of genre.  You can get an idea of what I like by checking out my ARC stack here-
http://enduringromance.blogspot.com/2009/08/kimber-ans-to-be-reviewed-stack.html  or my Top Ten Favorite Books of 2009 
http://enduringromance.blogspot.com/2009/12/kimber-ans-top-ten-favorite-books-for.html
But, why not just email me?  Hmm?  It'll save you money.
.
Our policy here at Enduring Romance is to only post positive reviews.  In order to do this I make sure I'll at least *like* a book before I request  or accept it.  If I cannot review a *requested ARC,* I mail it back to you at my expense.  This has only happened once in three years.  I received a wonderful novel, beautifully written, but it had child rape and murder in it.  Well, you know what a rabid Baby Fanatic I am!  Former nanny here and mother of four.  If I can't read a book I didn't request, I do not feel obligated to mail it back.
.
So, check out my ARC stack post and email me, 'kay?  Save your money.

No comments: