Saturday, May 22, 2010

Harry Potter's a Bad Influence On Me

Okay, now we've covered THE GOBLET OF FIRE, THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX, and we're, ahem, patiently awaiting THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE.  So, anyway, my daughter told me Dad told her he'd buy THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE on Blu-Ray DVD if she got her math grade up to a B.  So, I was like, "When's the report card getting here?"  And she was like, "I dunno."  And I said, "Well, if you don't make a B, I'll show you how to change it on the card."  And Dad was like, "Hey!"
.
The special effects in GOBLET OF FIRE were awesome, my poor boy Draco Malfoy got turned into a ferret, and the guy who played Cedric Diggory was really cute, you know, for a brown-haired guy.  Looked strangely familiar, hmmm.  I think his real name was, um, Robert Whathisname Pattinson, or something like that.  I've never actually watched TWILIGHT yet, but I've seen the trailors and I think he's cuter in HARRY POTTER because he laughs and has fun. 

I've always preferred fun-laughing, funny guys...and blonds.  But, no one's perfect.  Can't believe Professor Moody turned my boy into a ferret!
.
The pink lady in THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX was just plain freaky, totally my kind of villain.  Sweet, wonderful, eeeevill freakin' psycho!  Harry also got some num-nums from his first girlfriend, Cho.  I mean he got a kiss.  Me and my daughter ranked it at least an 9.  The mistletoe was a nice touch.
.
Only six more months until DEATHLY HALLOWS part one hits theaters.  Will I let my daughter skip school so we can hit the premier in Anchorage?  Heck, yeah!  Baaaad mommy!  Bad!
.
P.S. My daughter finally admitted Anakin is cuter than Luke Skywalker.  So, you see, she's turning out all right in spite of my shortcomings.

4 comments:

Robin Lemke said...

Oh yeah, I agree he's cuter as Cedric. And I loved Cedric in the books. I just don't see the attraction to pale and pointy.

BUT I must say that Han Solo is much hotter than either Luke or Anakin. ;)

Kimber Li said...

Oh, Han is definitely a studmuffin, but Anakin, while admittedly a whiner, was hot. At this point, my daughter would remind you that I have a thing for blond hotties. And then she'd tell me I seriously need to get over it.

But, she's not here right now, mwah-hah-hah!

Kimber Li said...

Come to think of it, Harrison Ford, Brandon Frasure, and Will Smith are pretty much the only non-blonds guys I think are hot. Notice they're all tall and hilarious.

Kelley Vitollo said...

I love Harry Potter. Can't wait for Deathly Hallows movie.

Great blog!