Monday, February 25, 2008

Books I Would Review

As previously stated, Advanced Reviewer's Copies take priority in my To-Be-Reviewed stack of books and Blog Buddy authors' books take priority over those. The authors are counting on me to put out a review in a timely manner because of release dates. This is great because I get all these free books. But, there are a bunch of books I would review for you if I could, but can't or can't yet for whatever reason. Here's an intriging one by Mercedes Lackey-

I'm having a huge Must-Read-a-Timothy-Zahn-Book-Fit. A month or so ago, my husband pointed out a book to me in the grocery store which we thought was his latest, but we were in a rush and didn't get it. Now, I can't find it anywhere and I'm not sure it's even his. It's making me crazy because I WANT it. Maybe I'll have to read STAR WARS ALLEGIANCE instead. I've already reviewed that one, but it's the kind which tastes better the second time around anyway. Speaking of Science Fiction, while I was searching for that book I stumbled on another really cool one, THE HOLY MACHINE by Chris Beckett. It was published in 2004 and the author appears quite popular, so I don't think I could get an ARC. I wanted you to know about it, because it certainly sounds like a worthy read.
I checked out THE FAERIE PATH and THE LOST QUEEN from the library. THE SORCEROR KING is supposed to be new in stores right now. These are hardbacks and the publisher had already sent out all the ARCs when I asked for the SORCEROR KING. I sped-read a little and they look really cool, especially for my younger gal-pals.

This is an anthology of novellas which includes two of my favorite authors, Tanith Lee and Mercedes Lackey. I've never read anything by C. E. Murphy. I checked this one out from the library too. No time to read it. Sigh.
This one is a Marion Zimmer Bradley novel recommended to me by Jacqueline Lichtenberg, the Great Lady of Science Fiction. I truly loved ENDLESS SPACE. MZB is awesome. Can't find this one anywhere in Alaska.So, there they are. If you happen on them in the bookstore or library, I definitely think they're worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd recommend reading Urban Shaman prior to the novella by CE Murphy in Winter's Moon, because I think it'd put the story in a better context, but it's probably not essential :)

Kimber Li said...

Thanks for the tip, Sara. Now, I just have to find the time.
:o)