Monday, March 21, 2011

CRUSHED SUGAR Release Week Festivities

My *prequel* novella, Crushed Sugar, is due to be released this Friday, March 25th by Decadent Publishing.  The most important thing to remember about Crushed, especially if you've already read Sugar Rush, is that it is a PREQUEL.  This means its set BEFORE the first events of Sugar Rush.  The thing is I really wanted to release Crushed first, but Sugar Rush was more ready to go.  I just didn't have time to do Crushed Sugar justice in the editing department before Sugar Rush.  So, please, bear in mind that the villain, Martin, is fully human at the start of Crushed, he's always been nice to Ophelia, the heroine, and she has no idea what he will become.
.
Yeah, I guess I am a little paranoid about that!  But, just look what happened to George Lucus and the Star Wars prequels!  Those little buggers are hard to write.  Pop over to my main site to learn more- Kimber An
.
On Release Day, I will be posting a nice big announcement here.  Plus, a bunch of my blog buddies are hosting me in the coming weeks and some of them will be giving away free eBooks of Crushed.  AND!  I will be giving away a Grand Prize here, a free eBook of Crushed Sugar, a t-shirt, and these cool Alaskan thingys I just bought today.  Anyone who comments under Release Week posts, starting with this one, will be entered into the drawing.  The Grand Prize Winner will be announced Wednesday, March 30th.
I'll be stopping over at Tia Nevitt's Blog   on Wednesday, March 23rd to talk about my spin on Blood-Sucking Dead Guys.
.
The lovely Lisa Shearin  is graciously letting me take up space at her blog on Release Day, Friday, March 25th.
.
I'll be adding to the Ramblings of a YA Writer with Julie Particka   same day.
.
Heather Massey, brand new debut author, will be helping me reach for the stars at The Galaxy Express
.
And fellow Decadent author Vanessa Barger said she'd give me a shout-out too.  She co-blogs here one Saturday of the month, by the way.
.
Fellow Enduring Romance reviewer, Nayuleska, is hosting me at her blog, Nayu's Reading Corner  on Saturday, and I'll be popping in at the SFR Brigade   too.  And then I'll post here on Sunday, rounding up the week.
.
The Grand Prize Drawing Winner will be announced Wednesday, March 30th.
.
I'll post an excerpt of Crushed this Wednesday, March 23rd, but, for now, here is the blurb-
.
Be careful what you wish for.
.
Ophelia’s had a wicked crush on Martin since they were kids, but she was always just his geeky little friend.  Then, on the first day of her junior year, he’s suddenly and wildly attracted to her.  She can’t imagine what’s changed, but shocking her small school’s social order fills her with vindication for insults suffered.
.
Ophelia meets Adrian right after and true love extinguishes the wicked crush.  In secret, he gives her courage against a specter threat.
.
Tristan Li is pale and hungry, and draws Martin’s immediate ire.  He knows things about Ophelia which she assumes are delusions brought on by an aggravated illness like her own, diabetes.  When battle breaks out between his ancient race and new blood, even the courage of her secret love might be crushed. 

5 comments:

Jen said...

Just finished Sugar Rush - It was a really great story! Looking forward to reading Crushed :)

Kimber Li said...

Thank you, Jen!!!!

Nayuleska said...

This is so exciting! I love the Alaskan loot :)

♫♥✿Chas @ LovLivLife Reviews✿♥♫ said...

Aloha Kimber. Congrats on your Release Day. Here in Hawaii it's still the 24th but where you are it's celebration time!!!!!

You have a fantastic line up of blog hopping going on. I can not see a better way to celebrate.



Have a wonderful day and even better weekend to follow!

Kimber Li said...

Thank you, Nayu and LovLivLife!