Sunday, October 18, 2009

Strangely Beautiful Stories

I'm not into ghosts, except maybe alien ones, but I'm strongly tempted to beg for the STRANGELY BEAUTIFUL TALE OF MISS PERCY PARKER arc because it sounds so beautifully twisted and genre-blending and breaking. The heroine seems very unstereotype. The fact that such a story could get published in these economic times when publishers only want the tried-and-true-surest-of-the-sure-thing makes me think this story must be really good. Also, Ms. Hieber's futuristic fantasy novella, DARK NEST won the prestigious Prism award even though it was published by a minor ePublisher. Tell ya, makes my fingertips tingle! Here's a link to her site and some contests she's running-
http://www.leannareneehieber.com/contests

1 comment:

Travis Erwin said...

A good friend was just bragging on this novel. It's on my "to buy" list.