Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Review: The Shifters by Alexandra Sokoloff

The Shifters
by Alexandra Sokoloff

Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Harlequin Nocturne
Cost: $3.89 on Kindle!

What I Liked:
First, I have to say, you can totally tell that Alexandra Sokoloff started off writing scripts. She is a master plotter and has fantastic, poppy dialogue. Fantastic.

Then, I had no idea this was part of a trilogy, except that I'd just read the third book, and recognized the characters! Then, I got way more excited about the book. I'd also never read a true shifter romance before, so this was a new experience for me. But it turned out very well. Loved it.

I know this was Alexandra Sokoloff's first Harlequin Nocturne, but I hope she writes more. It was the best of that trilogy. Fantastic characters, snappy plot, great dialogue, excellent sexual tension and sexiness. The hero was hot, and I didn't want to plant the heroine under a ton of concrete, which is a vast improvement for my reading experience lately.

After The Shifters, I will be looking for many more of Alexandra Sokoloff's books. You have to pick this up now. Really. Especially given that you can get a full-length novel for $4 on your Kindle. This one is worth every penny and then some. Fantastic book. Looking forward to more.

Book Blurb:
Caitlin MacDonald is Keeper of the New Orleans shapeshifters, a race of beings whose power lets them take on the form and voice of anyone they choose. Even their fellow paranormals are distrustful of their abilities, and Caitlin knows better than to take any shifter at face value. Then shapeshifting bounty hunter Ryder Malloy comes to town, claiming to be on the trail of a group of malevolent entities called walk-ins, and suddenly a city already reeling in the wake of a string of serial murders is under siege once again. Caitlin finds herself right in the middle of the danger—but with Ryder fighting by her side, the biggest threat to her wellbeing may be the threat he poses to her heart.

~ Rebecca Lynn

No comments: