Sunday, September 14, 2008

Showcase Sunday: Books I Would Read...

...and Review if I had the time.
Actually, a couple of these may still make it into my stack. My goal as I finish up my current stack is to focus on the greats, although I have a few authors who can send me anything anytime they want and it will get read and reviewed. Still, I only review once a month nowadays. Here's some books I've wanted to read-

.

SHADOWS IN THE MIST by Brian Moreland. I'd have to break my own rule for this blog to review this bad boy. It falls into the Horror genre! However, it's cover art and blurb is so intriguing I think I may be lured into its clutches yet.

.

A WILDERNESS COURTSHIP by Valerie Hansen. Hey, I live in the wilderness and a girl needs a nice little romance after reading something like the SHADOWS!

.

REAP THE WILD WIND by Julie E. Czerneda. This one smacks of the Science Ficiton greats, Anne McGaffrey and Catherine Asaro. She's also been around quite a while and has an extensive backlist. It's definitely on my radar.

.

EULALIA by Brian Jacques. Can't remember what intrigued me about this one, but must have been the cover art and blurb.

.

KEEPING THE LOVE YOU FIND by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D. Okay, I did read this one a long, long time ago right before I started dating my husband. It works! I just thought I'd throw it in for my single friends to help you figure out how to get your own 'Happily Ever After.'



.

CHEAP. FAST. GOOD. by Beverly Mills and Alicia Ross. This is a cookbook. I hate to cook. My husband's the one who goes out to earn the money, so I have to cook. This cookbook is all I need it to be.

.

SARAH PALIN by Kaylene Johnson. Don't freak out! The fact is I'm an Alaskan. These days, we sit around sharing the silliest things people are saying about our governor who was just nominated to be the first woman vice president and we laugh. Regardless of party affiliation, we Alaskans haven't had this much fun since the last Polar Bear Swim. That's when we strip off all our clothes and jump into a lake in the middle of the winter. Okay, I've never actually done that, but it's fun to watch.
.
That's it! Happy reading.
.
P.S. I've started a new blog to help teens who love Science Fiction to find the books they'll love. http://youngadultsciencefiction.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Mfitz said...

I have a short mini review of Reap the Wild Wind back in March on my Blog.
http://maryfitz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/03/reap-the-wild-w.html

Czerneda is one of my favorite writers