Monday, October 11, 2010

Review: His Forever Love

His Forever Love
by Missy Tippens

Genre: Contemporary Inspirational Series Romance
Publisher: Harlequin (Steeple Hill)
Cost: $4.12

What I Liked:
I really enjoy Missy Tippens' voice. It's very conversational and accessible. Her storytelling drew me in to this story right away. Of course, I've read a lot of Steeple Hill Love Inspired books, now, and this is definitely one of my favorites. I love the Southern small town setting, and the two main characters. Especially the hero. Love the whole sexy, brainy guy angle. That's definitely something new for me in a romance novel.

I really like the second-chances stories, and this is definitely a great one. The hero and heroine don't seem perfectly matched from the start, which I also like. They sort of evolve into each other--even though you know, of course, because it's a romance novel, that they'll end up together. But the things that keep them apart feel real, and when they do get together (I hope I'm not ruining the surprise), it's satisfying.

I've never read a book by Missy Tippins before, but this definitely won't be my last. She's definitely got the best of what is great about Love Inspired books. Her voice has an ease to it, her characters are engaging, and the story is satisfying. If you like Love Inspired books, I recommend this great love story.

Book Blurb:
In Magnolia, Georgia, local legend says that a couple who holds hands around the "forever" tree will have an unending love. Even so, Bill Wellington held Lindsay Jones's hands around that tree years ago...and then left her behind. He chose the big city, and now he wants to bring his grandmother there. But to his amazement, he finds that Granny has a boyfriend--and a vibrant life. A life that includes Lindsay, Granny's caregiver. Bill never thought he'd want to come home, yet Magnolia clearly has its charms. As does Lindsay, who makes him long for a second chance at forever love.

~ Rebecca Lynn

1 comment:

Missy Tippens said...

Rebecca, I'm so glad you enjoyed the story! Thanks for sharing it on your blog.