Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Review: Only You

Only You
by Deborah Grace Staley

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Belle Books
Cost: $12.95 (free right now on Kindle)

What I Liked:
I adored the hero in this book. Cole Craig was everything a perfect Southern gentleman should be, plus a little rough around the edges and blue under the collar. It only makes him more attractive. I was very impressed with the way he was written. It made me want to read more of Deborah Grace Staley's books. And that's a good thing, because there are three books in this series, and I still have two left.

I did enjoy the heroine, as well, and saw a bit of myself in her. She's an intellectual, has worked her whole life to accomplish her goals, and is now faced with obstacles that are more than just professional. The small town of Angel Ridge could easily have been any small town in the South, or the North for that matter. It was very familiar and comforting while simultaneously being frustrating. I loved that.

Deborah Grace Staley has been compared to Debbie Macomber. And while I'm not much of a Macomber fan, I would definitely keep reading the books in this series. So that's a good sign for me. Looking forward to seeing what happens next!

Book Blurb:
A charming romance about the lives and loves of people in a small Tennessee town. In the tradition of Debbie Macomber. "Hey, ya'll. Dixie Ferguson here. I run Ferguson's Diner in Angel Ridge, Tennessee. Population three hundred forty-five. It's a picturesque town in the valley of the Little Tennessee River, established in 1785. In the early days, its first families--the McKays, the Wallaces, the Houstons, the Joneses, and, of course, the Craigs--staked their claims on hundreds of acres of the richest bottom land anyone had ever seen. After all the years I've spent behind the counter at Ferguson's, I could probably tell ya'll a story about near everyone in town. But we only have so much time, so I'll narrow it down to just two for now. This is a story about coming home. It's also a story about acceptin' folks for who they are. You could say it's a story about Josie Allen, a librarian, and Cole Craig, a handyman, but I say it's a story about finding love where you'd least expect to."

~Rebecca Lynn

No comments: