Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Week Behind and the Week Ahead

Good evening, Blog Buds. 
.
Oh, you wouldn't buleeeve the week I've had!  Oh, wait, if you hang out here much, you already know, so I guess you would.  Let us reflect upon it anyway.
.
Decadent Publishing released SUGAR RUSH a few days early.  SUGAR RUSH at Decadent   Logistically, I was ready.  I'd already lined up guest posts and was recruiting co-bloggers and all that.  Emotionally, I was AHHHHHHH!  Scroll down to read all the goings-on this week, the guest posts, interviews, shout-outs, and the Cyber-Launch Book Party, which Writer and Cat won.  SUGAR RUSH is now available at Amazon too.
.
All this beget other forthcoming guest blogs, such as for Blake Snyder  That was a thrill because it was through the late genius' screenwriting book, SAVE THE CAT! that I learned a lot of what I now know about structuring a story.  I never would have made it this far without him or Jacqueline Lichtenberg
.
This coming week I'll be seeking out more ways to connect with my target readership, Young Adults.  So, if you know anyone with a YA focused blog or whatever, please let me know.  Fellow reviewer, Nayuleska, does a lot of Young Adult at her Reading Corner and I think she's going to be reviewing SUGAR RUSH there at some point.
.
Friday will be the first Friday in a series of guest posts by industry professionals, starting with the cover artist who did my novel, Dara England.  She's also an author.
.
Three of my fellow YA authors at Decadent will begin co-blogging with me on Saturdays, starting with Leslie Soule.  Their schedule is on the sidebar.
.
And then Sunday will begin another new feature, Storytelling Sunday, in which an established author shares insight into the writing craft.  Walter Greatshell wrote for this Sunday, Halloween.  He gave a scientific spin to old monsters in XOMBIES Apocalypse Blues, you know.
.
And I'll be guest posting at SOS Aloha which is a blog that celebrates romance reading, military families, international travel, and Hawaiian culture.  We made contact when author Susan Grant gave me a shout-out on her Facebook page.
.
Meanwhile, my fellow book reviewers here, Rebecca, Nayuleska, and Mfitz, will continue to help you find the books you'll love.
.
By now you might be wondering how it feels to suddenly be on the other side of the Eeeevil Book Reviewer's Desk.
.
Terrifying.
.
Exhausting.
.
And wonderful.
.
Scheduling is the key to everything I do and I've decided I will be taking Mondays and Tuesdays off the computer, except email checks once in the morning and once at night.  Otherwise, I will get no rest and my hands will be Tendonitis-Toast.  And I still have a ton of promo to do for Sugar Rush and more stories to write and rewrite and edit and promote, all on top of raising my four children.  I need to completely reorganize my Master Schedule now.
.
Not that I'm complaining.
;)
.
P.S. (added Monday morning) I forgot to add that I need to blog at The Ophelia Dawson Chronicles Monday through Thursday in order to keep the encyclopedia growing.  This morning I posted about Ophelia's medical alert bracelet.  Okay, so email and that.  Now, I'm getting off and staying off!

No comments: