Saturday, November 13, 2010

Let me Introduce Myself


HELLO! Sorry about the shouting, I'm excited to be here. Let me introduce myself. My name is Rebecca Royce and if we're just meeting for the first time then I will tell you that in the past I have published Adult Romantic Fiction. But, in the back of my head I've always had this feeling that I had a Young Adult Series in me and I'm thrilled to announce that earlier in the year, I wrote the first installment. Lucky for me, Decadent Publishing agreed to publish it. Its like a dream come true.


The result of my effort was Initiation, the first book in a series called The Warrior.

Here is a blurb:

My name is Rachel Clancy. Thirty years before I was born, the world ended. Today is my sixteenth birthday. Today I will go Upwards to fight the monsters and, statistically speaking, I won’t be coming back—at least not still living.

Initiation is the story of sixteen year old Rachel Clancy, born with a specific set of genes that let her fight monsters, she has trained her entire life to kill Vampires and Werewolves. Knowing since birth what her destiny would be has not made the onslaught of emotions she faces as she journey Upwards any easier. It doesn’t help that her father is drunk and her best friend just doesn’t get ‘it.’

Rachel isn’t prepared for the level of deception she faces, and before long she will find herself on a quest she is in no way prepared to handle. What happens next will alter not only Rachel’s life but the lives of everyone she knows. She will learn beyond a shadow of a doubt that sometimes the monsters we know are worse than the ones we don’t and that love can surprise us when it comes from somewhere we never anticipated it.

If she lives, she will be a Warrior. If she doesn’t, no one will ever remember her name.

Book 1-Initation.

Honestly, in this world of 2010 writing a YA book isn't all that different from the grown up variety. Kids, particularly teenagers, are pretty darn mature from an early age. But, there are certain elements I toned down and my heroine is still learning about herself, as most of us do at the age of sixteen. (Or so we hope...)

Next time I come back here to blog, I'll take a look at what some of those changed elements are. Anyway, thanks for having me. I'm so glad to be talking about Young Adult 'Stuff' with all of you.

Best

RR

7 comments:

Nayuleska said...

Hi Rebecca! Thank you for introducing both yourself and your book. When is it being published? It looks fun and I'd love to review it :)

Kimber Li said...

Welcome to the Enduring Romance crew, Rebecca. Great cover, sssscary premise, way to go!
;)

Rebecca Royce said...

Hello! So glad to be here this morning! I don't have a release date just yet. But I will shout from the rooftops when I do. LOL

Thanks for having me Kimber!!

Unknown said...

Hi Rebecca :)
Congratulations on the YA!
All the best,
RKCharron

Liia Ann White said...

Congrats on the new bloggage!
The more I think about the book the more I can't wait to read it :-)

Deena said...

Rebecca, congrats on your new "job"! Thank you for going YA! I teach middle school and it's great to see more and more stories for that age range.

Rebecca Royce said...

Thanks everyone. You're all so wonderful for stopping by!