Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Review: A Home for Christmas

A Home for Christmas
by Deborah Grace Staley

Genre: Contemporary (Southern) Romance
Publisher: Bell Bridge Books
Cost: $12.78

What I Liked:
Well, now I'm all ready for Christmas to come! (Except snow... please, God, no snow.) This book was warm like hot buttered rum, and just as satisfying... and just as festive. Having recently read and reviewed Only You, which is also in this Angel Ridge Series, I was eagerly looking forward to reading the next book, and was not disappointed. It was all it promised to be.

Once again, Deborah Grace Staley has created a hero in Blake Ferguson that just makes your heart (and all your other parts) melt. His Southern accent only adds the finishing touch on a very yummy personality, and even his foibles just make you want to hold him. Or fight with him and then hold him. But the man is a gem.

I must admit that some of Janice's conflict just didn't make sense to me. I had a hard time getting my mind around why it really was they couldn't be together. But I do sometimes have those questions, mostly because I think when you find true love, why wouldn't you go after it? Then again, I have to remember that we don't all know when it's staring us in the face. Still, Janice wasn't my favorite heroine of all time. But Blake... he made up for all of it.

This is a heartwarming Christmas tale, well worth the time spent. Blake Ferguson can warm my hearth anytime. Or hang my lights. Or... well, you get the idea.

Book Blurb:
Dr. Janice Thornton has been lonely for too long, especially at Christmas. But Angel Ridge, Tennessee, the one place that holds the key to what family should be, is offering her a chance at a new life. Could she find happiness by taking over her uncle's small town practice? Local contractor and carpenter Blake Ferguson comes from a big family. He'd like to fill his rambling old Victorian with one of his own. But there's one problem. He needs a wife! When Janice shows up at his house, Blake sets a course to win her, but soon finds she's built a wall around her heart this master carpenter finds difficult to dismantle. Can the magic of an Angel Ridge Christmas bring hearts home or will old hurts create an obstacle even the town's legendary angels can't overcome? -from Amazon.com

2 comments:

Nayuleska said...

I'm with you on the no snow!

Sounds like a good read :)

Deborah Grace Staley said...

Thanks for the great review. I loved Candi's and Grady's story. But this isn't the end! There are two more books published in the series: I'll Be There and Unforgettable. Check them out! --Deborah