Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Review: A Chesapeake Shores Christmas by Sherryl Woods

A Chesapeake Shores Christmas
by Sherryl Woods

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Mira (Harlequin)
Cost: $8.68

What I Liked:
I hadn't ever read a Sherryl Woods book or a Chesapeake Shores romance before, but I'm quickly becoming a fan of both. From the first moment that Mick O'Brien stepped onto the pages of this book, I was hooked. I love the whole sophisticate concept--a couple of older adults working through a mid-life romance together. Beautiful. Plus, the reunited part, loved it.

This is one of those great family saga kinds of books where everyone has a part to play and everyone has a little piece of the romance. Hopefully, it also means that there will be more books in the O'Brien series. There are little promises about the characters, whom I enjoyed, having some kind of romance in their future. I look forward to reading more about Mick and Megan's family in the future. (Although, frankly, I do hope that they don't split up again and get back together... that might just be too much.) Megan wasn't my favorite heroine of all time, but Mick is definitely a fantastic hero. Sherryl Woods wrote him to be the kind of man we all hope we're married to someday. He's got his issues, but he's well worth spending an entire book with, especially if you're looking for something outside the run-of-the-mill romance novel hero.

Book Blurb:
After years apart, Mick and Megan O'Brien are finally ready to make it official…again. Most of their grown children couldn't be happier about their rekindled love and impending marriage this holiday season. Only Connor is a holdout. Driven to become a divorce attorney after what he views as his mother's abandonment of their family, Connor's not about to give his blessing to this reunion romance.

The last thing Megan wants to do is hurt her family again. After all, is she really sure she and Mick can make it this time around? And when an unexpected delivery causes chaos, it seems only a miracle can reunite this family.

Of course, it is Christmas—the season of miracles.

Read an excerpt here.

~ Rebecca Lynn

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I recently reviewed this Christmas novel as well, and I thought it was a cute family story. I'm wondering if there will be future O'Brien books...maybe one about Connor and the baby? I guess we will see!